The Application Process
1. Fall in love with one of our dogs when you see them listed on our website, Facebook page or other advertising space.
2. Read their profile on our website. If you have read their profile and you would like to apply to adopt this dog, please "contact us" for an application form. Please don’t contact us regarding dogs that are not yet available for adoption.
3. Wait for us to contact you if you are shortlisted for adoption. Please note, we apologise that we are unable to respond to every single application, as sometimes there may be too many applications to make this logistically possible.
4. If you are shortlisted, a trainer may telephone you for additional information or simply to arrange for a meet and greet with our dog at a mutually agreeable time.
5. If you are the successful applicant and you wish to go ahead with the adoption process please decide what level of adoption you would like to proceed with.
Adoption Only – your adoption fee is $450. Your new dog comes desexed, vaccinated and microchipped, and with a collar.
Adoption with Assistance – your adoption fee is $550. Your new dog comes desexed, vaccinated and microchipped, with a collar and a training halter. A short introductory lesson with one of our trainers to help settle your dog in and introduce the fundamentals of the training your dog has been receiving whilst in foster care is also included. This will be conducted in your home if within 50 klm of the fostercarer, otherwise at an alternative venue by mutual agreement.
Adoption and Training – your adoption fee is $750. Your new dog comes desexed, vaccinated and microchipped and with a collar. Plus training equipment (lead & head halter) and two private lessons to help you understand the foundations of all obedience and general behaviour shaping techniques that your new dog has been learning whilst in foster care with one of our trainer/trainers. These will be conducted in your home if within 50 klm of the fostercarer, otherwise at an alternative venue by mutual agreement. Ongoing support is also included if you need some extra assistance to help your new forever friend settle into your family.
***Please note that sometimes we will not make a dog available for adoption only. He or she may have behavioural issues that need ongoing training to keep in check, so we will only adopt him or her out with training, as you will need to maintain what the trainer has begun. We will always make sure that you are 100% certain you are able to deal with the training required before we allow you to proceed.
6. Pay your adoption fee, sign our adoption papers and arrange handover of your new best friend. A two week trial period begins at this point and flows automatically into adoption if both parties are happy, or if the dog does not suit the adopting family s/he can be returned and the adoption fee refunded (minus admin fee). By mutual agreement with Canine Lifeline the trial period may be extended where you are uncertain if the dog is fitting into your lifestyle.